Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In The Begining Of Coke One 1978 -1979





 So Back to Motion tagging, Me and Toe kinda went our separate ways for a short time Toe was more into doing some pieces and I kept up with motion tagging. One day my mom asked me to go down town with her, so I did she went on about her buisness i went on waiting out side this place for her watching the subway go buy seeing lots of pieces go by, and low and behold , my half ass piece rolled by, kinda made me more pissed. When My mom came out from what ever she was doing she wasted to go have a egg cream soda , so I said lets go.after that we jumped on to the subway and headed home, on the way home she was reading a news paper,I told her , Ma, ill i'm gonna walk threw a few cars and come back,so i was tagging and some kid walked threw with a piolet marker also tagging, and he said hey man you write too . I said hell yeah , he told me he was Reck One , so we shook hands and what not tagged a few cars, and I was like hey where do you get off ?he siad 233rd or 238th.
I said really? me too , so we hung out on the way uptown and talked about other writers, such as Ec3, Team , and Tean and a few others like Dondi, Duro 
Comet and Blade and we talked about crews and what not , I asked him since we both tag up why don't we become partners, she said sure ,lets exchange phone nimbers and we did a few days go bye in JHS and I met this kid Vinny , he also told me he wrote He told me he wrote Slate. I said why don't you team up with me and Reck, and go bomb the layups between 233rd and 225th street, he was like sure I even got a door key, I was like cool let me call up Reck and we can set up a night to go.
So One October night I gave Reck a call and also Vinny we met at the 233rd street deli, right under the train station ,we all said got your marklers and Ink? everyone said yuppp. lets do this , so we hopped the turn stiles and went up stairs, checked both sides of the platforms for cops and other writers,oncea train past ,we jumped down walked along the cat walk and climbed up between trains and slate broke out the keys ,so we let our self's in with a out a problem so we bombed a few cars , not much room back then, we had to start going over old crappy ass tags and we went from 233rd to 225th with out anyone knowing we were up there.
we did this a number of times, and we said we should do some throw ups on the out side,I said cool lets do it next week.so i can get some pain, we all agreed to this,With In that week I beleave the M.T.A. started to bgring out the orange and beige insides fresh and clean, we said this is gonna be ours! and we ruled them layups for a while.More on this on my next entry here area few of the pieces running back in the days

                                         









Untill Next time Piece out! 
Coke One   



                       Done on Sept,12th 5am  
       Lolz My first throw up in over 20 years along with Toe                                

No comments:

Post a Comment