Friday, October 22, 2010

Coke One Early 1979 The Beginging of T.K.P. and Joining other crews such As M.P.C. T.E.D.the Original O.T.B. and so on

                                          



One Cold Saturday Morning, I decided to go hit the layups alone, I was told this was not a good Idea,But I said fuck it i'll do it anyway
But I said fuck it i'll do it anyway, I Started out on 225th St, and I met a two writers there, it was Fritos and Fuzz One,Thety asked if I wrote and I said I did
I asked them if they wanted to come with me , and they said No were taking pictures, and they asked me what did I write? I told them Coke one the asked me if i wanted to be down with O.T.B.( Out To Bomb! ) I said sure thanks, again I asked if they wanted to come to the lay ups with me and again they said no, I was wondering why? I was thinking if they new something I didn't?, I just shook my head and went any way. at this time the M.T.A. had mixed cars on the inside That old color Blueish Green and grey and some cars were  fresh and clean
Orange And Beige  I love the new colors That day I had a mini wider(black) Black pilot and a mixed Green and White Opaque so the the color was green Opaque, It blended good with the beige and orange cars. It's Started to Snow And Getting Cold So, I called It quits for the day.
The following Monday night me and Reck One were Bombing the layups and decided to take a break half way threw the layups,we smoked a joint and talked about going to the writers bench located at 149th and the Grand Concourse at the end of the plat form, I told him I was down to go, he said I'll go with you on Wednesday after school because he had to take a test or some shit.
so that night we finshed off that joint and bombed the layups as always , and we hung out afterward ,and talked about getting our own crew together 
I said let's name it T.K.P. he asked me what that meant I said, The Koolest Partners , he said that sounds cool lets do it and from that night on we started to add T.K.P. after our tags.
That Wednesday afternoon after Reck got out of school, we went down to the bench , I had my black book then, we met a few of the cool graffiti writers 
and some toys as always,I'm not saying we were the best at what we do. But they where worse then us and had no fame.I remember meeting Crash and Kel that day they asked me what I wrote and I said Coke One, Crash said what Colt??One?? I said NO! C-O-K-E - O-N-E he was like, I was was gonna say why did you go over my shit? I just laughed and he shook my hand and signed my black book along with Kel and a few others. it was pretty cool meeting writers from all over some heard of some never heard of.by this time me and Reck said lets head back uptown, I'm starving, I told him yeah we eat dinner early at my house too.We jumped on the next
up town # 2 train and headed home, as we were motion tagging on the way home this big red head guy walked in and ohh you guys write too huh?
at first we were kinda scared , then he told us he was Captain .. yes Cap one, leader of M.P.C. we where like Phewww you scared us for a min.
We told him what we wrote and asked us if we wanted to be down with M.P.C. and invited us to hang out over by Bronx Park Station ,so we took him up on that, we told him we will be there maybe in a few days we gotta bomb!and he just laughed wickedly it was kinda funny the way he laughed.
Here are Some Old School Flics for you to enjoy untill my next post!
Piece out,
Coke One


























    







                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment