Thursday, November 11, 2010

Late 1980 Early 1981

As time moved on a lot of new comers were coming up, and staring writing,it seemed like everyone was bombing, One day me and Reck decided to go motion tagging on the #4's and at 161street (Yankee Stadium)we walked in a car with some kid tagging
He was like yo you guys write too? We said yeah 
I asked him what he wrote, he told us Cops2.
I looked at him and said wow they are starting out younger and younger these days , eeven tho he was not much younger then us. I think he was with trap that day another you kid,So we tagged along with them and then we made our separate ways and said maybe we will see ya soon.
We never saw Cope2 or Trap again. But We Did See him getting up on the out sides doing throwies
and out lines.
One Summer day My landlords grandson who like the the subway history wanted to go with us to the lay ups, so we took him along with us it was a hot summer day , we had the keys, and we decided to turn on the A/C and it got comfortable for us to tag.
Me and Reck took a break and my friend Steven *( my ladlords grandson) took out a  little tool kit.
And was opening up the detestation maps . you know the ones. that were black and u could turn them etc.. he was taking them out and putting them
in a big bag he bought with him, me and Reck looked at each other and laughed.We asked him What the Fuck are you gonna do with them?
He said I'm gonna save them they may be worth something in the future, he even took the big ones
that are in front of the trains.yeah The Big #2 and so on. so we bombed the lay up all in the comfort of A/C.
Early 1981 we were bombing the lay ups on 233rd st to 225th street.when we were have way threw we realized that we were not alone in the layups.
We seen threw the the car a few kids coming out way.Then we met up it was Lil Black Seen and a few of his boys , we told him like these are our lay ups and we are quite up here so don't  go making noise, Seen was like nah man we are cool, so we tagged along with him .then all of sudden BAM!!! we were getting raided from the 225th street side
the way they came in!
So we said lets get the fuck out of here as we were
running out of the train .and onto the cat walks
seen was in front of me amd we were runnig for life . all of sudden seen fell threw the cat walk not far threw just up to his knee, I picked him up smacked him on his back said you ok? he was like yeah I said good keep running, so we got to 233rd street and parted our separate ways, We never seen Them guys again.All I remember is seeing one of his roof tops
on the top of Corner Distributors.
I bet to this day he forgot I possibly saved his life!
Also in the beginning of 1981 I started to work at the 233rd street German Deli. I was kinda like working a few days a week there since I was still in H.S. Me and Reck were still partners none the less
I still bombed with him, but I kinda liked work.
and this on guy I worked with asked me and the rest of the deli crew if we wanted to go to a club called the Left Bank in Mount Vernon N.Y.so we said sure why the fuck not. I asked Reck to come he said sure why not.I fell in love with the club. and  Toe also did. More on 1981 and other stuff in my next entry.
I hope you enjoyed this.
Piece Out
Coke One 



                  
                 




2 comments: